Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pastel Still Life Project

 

This is my pastel still life project. I planned my composition by getting a small bowl and arranging the candy canes the way I want. I also drew a thumbnail sketch and used a viewfinder. A viewfinder is a small piece of cardboard with a rectangle cut out so you can look at the items and see the position you want to draw it. Then you use the viewfinder to draw thumbnail sketches which are different sketches of the items in different positions or views. The viewfinder helped me find a good position to look at my items and in which way to draw them. I made the items appear three dimensional by using shading, layers, value, and shadows. Also, my light source was behind the items so the shadows came forward and light came from behind the items.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment