Thursday, May 30, 2013

Acrylic Landscape Painting

This is my favorite project, the acrylic landscape painting. I organized the beginning of my painting by first finding various pictures of a sky, background, middle ground, and fore ground that I can put all together. Then, I drew a black and white sketch of what my painting will look like with all of the pieces and pictures together. I chose to paint a sunset with an island in the background, rocks in the front, and birds in the sky. The light source was the sun and it created shadows on the island and light shining on the water. My painting's color scheme was complementary using blue and orange because they are on opposite sides of the color wheel. The brush strokes I used for the sky and water were smooth and blended together. For the rocks, I used a piece of a creditcard to make them seem sharper and rockier. The value in my painting is in the sky, water, rocks, and palm trees. The sky is darker at the top and gets lighter as it gets closer to the sun. Also, the light from the sun reflects onto the water and is darker blue on the sides. The rocks also differ in shades of gray and the palm trees are different shades of green.

No comments:

Post a Comment