Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Ceramics Project

This is my ceramics project. I would say it is about medium size. It's not too big or too small. The design element stressed was radial. The construction and inside design is a radial design. I used the hump technique using a mold of a bowl and then smoothed out the clay. After that, I smoothed the sides of the bowl, added the bottom foot, and eventually drew my radial design in the middle and painted it with red clay. The function of my project is just a decoration or centerpiece although it could hold something. One thing I learned from this project was how to use bowls to form a mold for the clay and also how to cut, smooth, and paint it right. If I could redo this project, I would make the bowl so that if I put food in it, it wouldn't be able to fall out easily. Also, I would have liked to make my radial design more elaborate and creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment